I'm kind of in shock. It sounds stupid and I am sure I will be saying this at every age like everyone else does with their own kids, but where has the time gone? Even she couldn't believe it because she said her clothes weren't any smaller today when she got up. :) I have had so much fun with this girl. She is my smart, beautiful, brave, inquisitive, serious yet playful, cuddly, creative, funny, dramatic Chloebird. We have made so many fun memories so far in her young life and I can't wait to see what the future holds for us.
Right now, Chloe:
- is wayyyyy excited for Kindergarten. Can it start already?!
- is obsessed with anything Barbie, pink, and sparklicious.
- is always singing songs - anything, over and over again.
- enjoys playing soccer with her friends.
- is in her second year of Farm school and is a "leader" this year instead of the shy girl she was last year.
- is always on the go...or wants to be. First question I get when I pick her up from daycare is "where are we going or who is coming over?" (My mom said that I was EXACTLY the same.)
- is a protective big sister...and also protective of her toys when her little sister is playing with them.
- is a healthy eater and consumes sweets in moderation (unlike her mother). Her weakness is the occasional happy meal (as much as I hate to admit it). Her birthday dinner request? Yep, you guessed it...a happy meal.
- is scared of "monsters" living upstairs somewhere when "grown-ups" aren't around. This turns bedtime into a battle every night when she "needs" to sleep in our room or the monsters will find her. I think she just likes our bed.
- wants to become a "ballerina girl" when she grows up.
I love you, Chloebird! Happy 5th birthday!
Happy Birthday Chloe. :) It seems like just yesterday that I was visiting you when you were a tiny little peanut...taking photos of you, in awe of how perfect you were! You are such an amazing little girl...I'm so lucky you are my niece! :)
ReplyDeleteAs the first grandchild, I believe she has set the bar quite high. Her sister and cousins will find her a good mentor. She's quite the girl and we love her very much and are very proud of her.
ReplyDeleteShe's a real cutie, that's for sure! Bet you had a fun celebration. (What's really shocking is when you have kids in their 30s and 40s! ;))
ReplyDelete