Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Haiti

It is hard to wrap my mind around what has happened in Haiti.  My heart goes out to those who are there and witnessing this devastation, those who lost their lives, those who lost a loved one, those who have lost their home, and the list goes on.  I have read several news stories about first hand accounts and can't even imagine what they are going through.  One of our local news websites featured a family from Minnesota who has lived in Haiti for the last few years doing ministry work.  Luckily, their family is safe, but they are uncertain about the fate of many friends.  I recommend visiting the blog if you have a chance.  http://livesayhaiti.blogspot.com/

I have also been wondering what we can do here to help.  The Red Cross has established an easy way to donate $10 - simply text HAITI to 90999 ($10 will be added to your next bill).  This is just one of many ways I am finding to help out.  I also never underestimate the power of prayer (or positive energy, good thoughts - whatever you believe).   

My heart is heavy for you tonight, Haiti. 

1 comment:

  1. I just realized that the blog you shared is the family of some people who are friends with a lady I know (well, know OF!) through scrapbooking. She was talking about them on her blog, as well! Small world...

    ReplyDelete